COLLABORATION PROTOCOL BETWEEN THE REGIONAL MINISTRY OF INDUSTRY, TRADE AND EMPLOYMENT OF THE REGIONAL GOVERNMENT OF CASTILLA Y LEÓN, THE GENERAL FOUNDATION OF THE UNIVERSITY OF SALAMANCA AND AMAZON WEB SERVICES TO OFFER THE AWS ACTIVATE PROGRAMME TO START-UPS IN THE CYL-HUB PROJECT.
AWS Activate Program
What is it?
Those CYL HUB project start-ups that apply and are included in the AWS Activate programme would be eligible for the benefits offered by the programme, which are summarised below:
- 5,000 USD in AWS Activate credits valid for 2 years.
- 1,500 USD in technical support.
- Access to free technical training on the AWS online platform.
In addition, as they scale, emerging companies or startups that benefit from the AWS Activate Programme may be eligible for a greater number of credits up to a total of USD 100,000 in services subject to the terms and conditions of the Programme.
How to take part?
To join the programme and benefit from the credits, the interested startup or emerging company will apply for registration in the AWS Activate programme as follows:
- The emerging company or startup should verify that it meets the eligibility criteria to access the AWS Activate programme at the following link: AWS Activate (amazon.com)
- The emerging company or startup will generate an AWS account at no cost, at the following link: AWS Console – Signup (amazon.com)
- The emerging company or startup will apply to join the AWS Activate programme via the following link: Amazon Web Services Sign-IN
- The emerging company or startup will select the AWS Activate programme and provide the following Organisational ID: 1NTo8 in order to authenticate their application. The application must be completed in full. The information provided must match the information provided in the AWS account (email address and company name).
- Once the application has been submitted by the start-up company, the Junta de Castilla y León will verify that it is indeed part of the CyL HUB project. The validation management by the Junta de Castilla y León, through the Consejería de Industria, Comercio y Empleo, will be carried out through the following email address: email@example.com
- The emerging company or startup will receive an email from AWS with the result of the application (within 7 to 10 working days).
- AWS Activate credits are automatically applied to the AWS account upon approval, provided they have not received an equal amount of credits previously.
Note: If you have previously earned AWS credits in other programs or events, you will receive the difference. For example, if you have received 2K, and are now selected as the best startup, you will receive 3K. Terms and conditions can be found at this link.